Monday, March 5, 2007

“Shows We Miss” and “Done Too Soon”

We’re going to be starting up a couple more recurring features here. I wanted to set up a couple of them, because while they seem self-explanatory, they also seem identical. But they aren’t. There’s a very key difference between them.

“Shows We Miss” will be a discussion of shows no longer airing that we miss watching. “Done Too Soon” can best be described as a subset of “Shows We Miss” but with the added factor that, as far as we are concerned, the show ended before it’s time. Here’s a couple of examples.

I miss The X-Files. It was one of my favorite shows. I started watching near the end of the first season, and continued watching through to the bitter end. But while I miss The X-Files, I would be hard pressed to make the argument that it ended before it’s time. If anything, The X-Files lasted much longer than it should have lasted. Or take a show like Buffy, another show I miss but which I think ended perfectly. On the other hand, there’s Angel, a show that could have easily gone on a couple more years.

So there you have it – “Shows We Miss” and “Done Too Soon”. Two more recurring features, coming to you from DTV.

1 comment:

~Nutz said...

The show I miss the most is the Pretender! Gosh I loved that show. It was definitely done too soon.

Hey... cool place you've got here!